A famous folklore group “Buranovskiye Babushki” who was Russian represantative in Eurovision Song Contest 2012 has already started preparing for the 2018 FIFA World Cup that will take place in Russia in two years.
The music group has posted its new music video called “Ole-Ola” on YouTube. The video contains some fragments of the group’s performance before football players and sport fans at the “Metallurgist” stadium in Samara where yet another game of the Championship of Russia took place.
Prior to that “Buranovskiye Babushki” had addressed the Russia national football team in the lead-up to their game at the 2016 UEFA European Championship in France.
Buranovskiye Babushki represented Russia in Bakü with the song Party for Everybody. They finished the in 2nd place by receiving 259 points. The band consists of eight “grandmothers”, but only six were allowed to appear on the Eurovision stage due to contest rules. The band performs most of their songs in the Udmurt language.
- Granya Baysarova (born 1949) – song contest participant
- Alevtina Begisheva (born 1958)
- Zoya Dorodova (born 1940)
- Galina Koneva (born 1938) – song contest participant
- Natalya Pugachyova (born 1935) – song contest participant
- Valentina Pyatchenko (born 1937) – song contest participant
- Olga Tuktaryova (born 1968) – song contest participant
- Yekaterina Shklyaeva (born 1937) – song contest participant
- Yelizaveta Zarbatova (died 13 January 2014 aged 87)