Today, Estonian national broadcaster has released 24 songs which will compete at this year’s national final.
As you know for years, Estonia determines the Eurovision representative and the song with a national final called Eesti Laul. Estonia had begun preparations for 2019 contest months after it finished the competition in the top 10 last year. On Tuesday evening, November 6, the Estonian Channel (EER), which has ended its song admittances, established a team of professional musicians and composers to determine the participants of the national final.
In addition to the previous years, 24 artists will compete for the first time in Estonian national final Eesti Laul 2019. 216 songs have been sent to the national finals, 108 of which are in English and the other half consists of Russian, Italian, and Spanish.
You can listen them here
Here are the artists and song names to compete in Eesti Laul 2019;
- Kadiah – Believe
- Kerli Kivilaan – Cold Love
- Sofia Rubina Hunter – Deep Water
- Inger- Coming Home
- Around The Sun – Follow Me Back
- The Swingers – High Heels In The Neighborhood
- Lacy Jay – Halleluja
- Synne Valttri – I’ll Do It My Way
- Iseloomad – Kaks Miinuts
- Grete Paia – Kui isegi kaotan
- Jennifer Cohen – Little Baby El
- Catlin Magi & Jaan Prhk – Milline paev
- xtra basic Emily J – Hold Me Close
- Johanna Endra – Miks sa teed ni?
- Lumevard ft. INGA – Milline Paev
- Marko Kaar – Smile
- Sandra Nurmsalu – Soovide puu
- Victor Crone – Storm
- Ranele – Supernova
- Stefan – Without You
- Kaia Tamm – Wo sind die Katzen
- Öed – Öhuloss
- Sissi -Strong
- Uku Suviste – Pretty Little Liar
In Eesti Laul, which will take place this year for two semi-finals and one big final again, the semi-finals will be held for the first time in Tartu University, Tartu, Estonia on 31 January 2019 and 2 February 2019. In each semi-final, 12 competitors will compete and 6 contestants (totally 12 contestants) will perform to represent Estonia at the Eurovision Song Contest in the grand final of the Estonian capital, Tallinn.